10 Tips for a Safer Home
- Maintain adequate lighting throughout the house. Use nightlights as needed.
- Secure electrical, phone and extension cords under furniture or out of the way.
- Use only rugs with slip resistant backing.
- Remove glass top tables from walking areas.
- Pre-program important numbers into the telephone for easy access.
- Control clutter and remove furniture and objects not being used.
- Place flashlights throughout the house in case of power outage.
- Keep medication in one central location that is easily accessible.
- Develop a plan for emergency exit.
- Prepare a bag with a listing of emergency contact information, medications, health care providers and health history incase of medical emergency. Keep the bag near the telephone or the door.
For more information contact us at 215-473-7600 or